Current:Home > ScamsTrendPulse|Prince Harry Returns to London for Court Case Against Tabloid Publisher -Capitatum
TrendPulse|Prince Harry Returns to London for Court Case Against Tabloid Publisher
NovaQuant View
Date:2025-04-06 09:32:18
Prince Harry is TrendPulseback in England.
The Duke of Sussex arrived at London's High Court on March 27 for a hearing in his case against Associated Newspapers. Harry's outing would seemingly be the first time he's returned to the U.K. after the passing of his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, in September 2022.
Last October, the 38-year-old—along with other celebs including Elton John and his husband David Furnish, Elizabeth Hurley, Sadie Frost, and Baroness Doreen Lawrence of Clarendon—launched lawsuits against Associated Newspapers, the publisher of British tabloids Daily Mail and the Mail on Sunday.
According to court documents obtained by Variety at the time, three separate lawsuits were filed against the company in London's High Court by Gunnercooke, who represent Elton and Furnish, Elizabeth and Lawrence. Prince Harry and Sadie's law firm also confirmed to the outlet that legal action "has been launched."
Harry and Frost's law firm also previously noted of the lawsuits that these "individuals have become aware of compelling and highly distressing evidence that they have been the victims of abhorrent criminal activity and gross breaches of privacy by Associated Newspapers," as stated in a press release shared to E! News.
As for the "criminal activity," the press release accused the publisher of "hiring of private investigators to secretly place listening devices inside people's cars and homes, commissioning of individuals to listen into and record people's telephone calls," as well as "the payment of police officials, with corrupt links to private investigators, for inside, sensitive information."
In response, an Associated Newspapers spokesperson has denied the claims brought against the company.
"We utterly and unambiguously refute these preposterous smears which appear to be nothing more than a pre-planned and orchestrated attempt to drag the Mail titles into the phone hacking scandal concerning articles up to 30 years old," their statement shared to E! News on Oct. 6 read. "These unsubstantiated and highly defamatory claims—based on no credible evidence—appear to be simply a fishing expedition by claimants and their lawyers, some of whom have already pursued cases elsewhere."
This isn't the first lawsuit Prince Harry has brought forth against a tabloid belonging to the publisher. He currently has an ongoing defamation case against the Mail on Sunday.
Get the latest tea from inside the palace walls. Sign up for Royal Recap!veryGood! (3)
Related
- US wholesale inflation accelerated in November in sign that some price pressures remain elevated
- The Iron Sheik, wrestling legend, dies at age 81
- How Fatherhood Changed Everything for George Clooney
- Woman says police didn't respond to 911 report that her husband was taken hostage until he had already been killed
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- What the White House sees coming for COVID this winter
- Climate Contrarians Try to Slip Their Views into U.S. Court’s Science Tutorial
- Every Must-See Moment From King Charles III and Queen Camilla’s Coronation
- Taylor Swift makes surprise visit to Kansas City children’s hospital
- Game, Set, Perfect Match: Inside Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova's Super-Private Romance
Ranking
- North Carolina justices rule for restaurants in COVID
- What to do during an air quality alert: Expert advice on how to protect yourself from wildfire smoke
- Picking a good health insurance plan can be confusing. Here's what to keep in mind
- New York business owner charged with attacking police with insecticide at the Capitol on Jan. 6
- NFL Week 15 picks straight up and against spread: Bills, Lions put No. 1 seed hopes on line
- Trump EPA Appoints Former Oil Executive to Head Its South-Central Region
- When will the wildfire smoke clear? Here's what meteorologists say.
- Former Trump spokesperson Taylor Budowich testifies in documents investigation. Here's what we know about his testimony
Recommendation
Biden administration makes final diplomatic push for stability across a turbulent Mideast
IVF Has Come A Long Way, But Many Don't Have Access
What's it take to go from mechanic to physician at 51? Patience, an Ohio doctor says
Coronavirus (booster) FAQ: Can it cause a positive test? When should you get it?
Person accused of accosting Rep. Nancy Mace at Capitol pleads not guilty to assault charge
Khloe Kardashian Shares Sweet New Family Photo Featuring Her Baby Boy
Today’s Climate: July 5, 2010
Why Pregnant Serena Williams Kept Baby No. 2 a Secret From Daughter Olympia Until Met Gala Reveal